Down and up over Kangaroo Valley
Going down to the Southern highlands has been a favourite weekend getaway for me these past few years. But I didn't have the guts to ride through to the East Coast, mostly because keep telling me about the epic climb out of the valley and the nastiness of the roads. Single lanes, no overtaking, hair pins and epic decent. Luckily a few girlfriends were up for an adventure last weekend and we managed to tackle it with only a few minor incidents.
Starting Point: 7:15am train from Redfern station to Mittagong station
Ride start point: Mittagong station
Finish Point: Friend's place in Nowra
Elevation: 1,464 m
1. Cafe at Mittagong
2. Barrengarry primary school
3. Kangaroo Valley in the valley where I bumped into a work colleague
4. Kangaroo Valley pie shop with the world's greatest pie
5. Eggs at the top of the climb
7. Swamp road trekking through all the marsh
Leave a Reply.